So Year 2011, is about to end. The year I came Mumbai, switched my job, few of my best friends got married or engaged, memorable trips, winters with no cold, etc etc..
01.01.2011 – A special New year Celebration with friends in Noida, Sector – 61.
22.01.2011 – Wedding : Punit @Banaras
31.01.2011 – Wedding : Neha Dixit @Delhi
08.01.2011 – First Visit to Taj Mahal
08.01.2011 – Wedding : Neha Ma’am @Agra
10.01.2011 – Self Cooked Dinner @ KD’s place
12.02.2011 – Jim Corbett Trip with HCL Colleagues
05.03.2011 – Farewell @ Real Saver – DEN, Gurgaon
11.03.2011 – My last working day in HCL Technologies
13.03.2011 – A Small DPS V Get Together & Farewell
15.03.2011 – Land Mumbai, left Noida
16.03.2011 – Joined STPI Mumbai
19.05.2011 – My first IPL/Cricket Match in a Stadium @ DY Patil, Mumbai
19.06.2011 – My Dad comes Mumbai, visit Visit to Mumbai on Office Tour
15.08.2011 – Mahabaleshwar Trip @ Independence Day
07.10.2011 – My Sis got engaged this day
26.10.2011 – My first Diwali in Mumbai
31.10.2011 – My first Visit to Bangalore @Official Tour (STPI Bangalore)
07.11.2011 – Engagement : Deepak & Anu
18.11.2011 – My 100th Blog Post
03.12.2011 – At home on my birthday with parents after 8 years
04.12.2011 – Wedding : Vipul & Sumita @Agra
05.12.2011 – Met with all close friends in just 24 hours and being awake 2 nite continuous
10.12.2011 – Twitter Handle changed from @rahul_ssg to @askrahul
15.12.2011 – Cleared Ist Sem – MS (Software Systems) BITS Pilani – 8.27 CGPA
While an amazing year ends, all I ask for new year that next year 2012 I am back in Noida with my friends to celebrate the new year 2013
So, I traveled around 1400 kms from Mumbai to Delhi, just after returning from Bangalore 2 days ago. Yeah, November has been a lot of traveling and more to come in month end. Not to mention, I came back to Noida after nearly 8 months. Felt like home. After all, I have been there since I joined College in 2004. It has been a second home to me. Being there only for 2 days with engagement of a close friend to attend, I had limited time to catch up with friends. It was nostalgic being back.
I tried my best to make out of the trip by meeting the close ones and visiting famous hangouts in Noida.
1. Sector – 61 : Late Night Walk
2. Chocolate Pudding of Brown Bread, Noida
3. Atta, Sector -18 : Heart of Noida
4. GIP Mall – Window shopping
5. Asia Kitchen’s Red Curry – Yummy, My favorite
6. Haldiraam – Spice – One of the few places where I love vegetarian food! This one is he best Haldiraam outlet. Little crowded but taste is always great. My fav – Daal Chilla.
I did miss the Brahmputra Chicken, will catch up next time perhaps
I still have few of the #4sq mayor-ships left in Noida
Wishing to get back soon.
After my end-sem on 29th and 10th October, I went to Bangalore on 31st October for some office work. It was my first visit to this city. The tour was unexpected and a surprise for me and couldn’t have been a better timing. After a week of studies and boredom in office I needed a break!
Bangalore’s weather was awesome! My flight landed at 7:30 PM on 31st October. The temperature was 23 Degrees and as I stepped outside I felt the November weather of North. Here is how it looked, while I was waiting for my CAB!
There was a good arrangement from STPI Banaglore – Office. They received me and soon dropped me at my cousin’s place. I had not opted for hotel and my big brother would have never allowed me to stay in hotel. So I opted out for it.
There was not much time to roam the city as I was there only for 4 working days and with office timings (9 AM – 5 PM) On 2 days I wen to Mall nearby – Forum Mall & Total Mall. Helped Bhaiya in his shopping and 4th day day I had my return flight. As I had to go Noida the following day. I did have awesome dinner in the nearby Restaurant – Rasoi .
Office was situated in Electronic City. Roads were descent and also the traffic was medium at least in the part which I had traveled. The view from Office was quite amazing. Here is the view from cafeteria :
The Bhindi-Curry was a pathetic dish in lunch, one day here. I had ever seen and people said, it is common in this part of the country. Well, I did try it but did not like it. Also a big Banana as Sweet-Dish was a surprise to me. I saved it for the evening.
And another view from the roof:
Also, I had the best “Idli Sambhar” ever in my life here in some small restaurant in HSR Layout Sector -2. The second being of Indian Coffee House in Shaktinagar.
After pleasant stay of four days, Returned back Mumbai in mid-night. The weather was again hot and humid. I really hate the weather of Mumbai. Wonder how people like it. Anyways, Hoping to get few more trip of Banglore in future so that I can explore more of the city.
So there it was, long awaited and much needed trip. Three friends residing in different cities of India came together for Mahabaleshwar Trip.
Mahabaleshwar is a vast plateau, bound by valleys on all sides. It reaches a height of 1,438 m (4,718 ft) at its highest peak above sea level, known as Wilson/Sunrise Point. Below is a shot of us all three cheering up
On the eve of Independence day, we where at Pratapgad fort. One of the best way to celebrate our country’s freedom by making ourselves free
Pratapgad is located 15 kilometres from Poladpur and 22 kilometres from Mahabaleshwar, a popular hill-station in the area. This fort stands 1,080 metres above sea level.
Here is a shot on some waterfall we went. Don’t remember the name though. But the scenic beauty was awesome.
Considering the amount of fun we had on the trip, we should go out often and have frequent trips in future
Few things go unplanned but it is what you choose in the end.
As they say:
“To have a change you have to be a part of change”
I joined a STPI (Ministry Of Communication & IT) on March 16, 2011 as an Assistant Director. My selection was a big surprise to me. Cracking 3 Seats All-India is never easy and not for people like me.. got to be kidding me. Interview went good and I made it. I had to leave Noida and settle in Mumbai, the sad part. Still trying my best to live in Mumbai, well that’s the other story and also in one of my previous blog.
There were mixed reaction from my friends, me joining a Government Job. My parent were the most happy of it. So I joined. I work for a change where I work and I am already working on lot of changes here. Long way to go. Wish me luck
And I thought, I would never leave NCR, no matter what happened and guess what nothing is permanent On 16th March 2011, I was forced to transfer from Noida to Mumbai. I was staying in noida from a long time, in fact right from 2004. When I had left home and joined college in Gr Noida.
Back In 2004, I came to join Galgotias College in Greater Noida and since then it has been a long journey and memories. Here are few of my memories:
1. Friends : Since, the college was in Noida, most of my friends happen to be in or around the NCR and the ones not here keep visiting. So it would be now long long wait to meet my friends. I will miss my friends the most
2. Greater Noida – Noida ExpressWay : Tough lately I have not used mush of the highway. It was my lifeline in college days. I used to take lift from the college and come to Noida and vice-versa. Back in 2004, there was no-connectivity or rare buses(sahibabbad depo) running on this highway. Most of the students, used to take lift from the vehicles traveling on this. It took hardly – 20 to 25 minutes to cross this highway (20 kms approx). I was the frequent goer to Noida from hostel. Greater Noida nearest market was 5 mkns away and only option was to walk so it was better to go Noida
And after college, the HCL campus happened to be adjacent to this highway in Sector -126 SEZ. So a small part was still traveled.
3. Sector – 29 (Brahmputra) : The most delicious Chicken and fruit juice is available here. The Chicken Briyani, Tikka Roll, Chicken Swarma, etc. I have been a loyal customer to this market since 2004. Previously in college, I used to come very frequently. Especially in 3rd year (2006 – 2007). 3-4 times a week. Thanks to the pathetic food of mess in hostel. The rates have drastically increased and taste of briyani has degraded bit this remains the best place to have non-veg. Love it.
4. Center Stage MALL : The first Mall of Noida, It is now not much crowded as it was 4-5 years before. GIP has taken the crowd of it. Back in college days, we used to come here for window shopping. Planet M was our favorite place.
5. GIP : The Biggest Mall of Noida, has almost everything you need inside it. Best place to shop. Though malls are here in mumbai as well, which are larger in figures and size but still it will not be GIP.
6. My Den (Sector -53) : This is where I was living after my college, during job. This sector happens to e very small and less crowded and my room was on ground floor, the best part. The Bon-Bon pastry shop just in front of my house was the best part. The Brown Bread, a kind which is made only by Bon-Bon. Will miss it so much .
7. HCL Discounts : Almost every restaurant in Noida offered corporate discount to HCL Employees, the most loyal one was Pizza-Hut : 25 %, while in mumbai there are no corporate discounts It really sucks. Now I’m working in Central Government Organization and no discounts.
Wishing a speedy transfer from mumbai to Noida. Fingers crossed.
I was watching the final episode of the “Fringe” Season2, sitting little bent on chair.
The scene in the serial was somewhat like this : “they were discussing on warm holes and crossing to parallel universe and just made it..” then I could feel my chair to be shivering. I paused it immediately and stood up. I noticed the clothes hanging on the hanger were shaking. It was strange, before I could understand it was a mild earthquake. I go a Tweet on tweet-deck -”Earthquake in Delhi” and so that was the logical explanation that my mind was seeking for this weird happening.
And now I know it was coz of the
Preliminary: 7.3 earthquake, Southwestern Pakistan. 2011/01/18 20:23:23 UTC (7m ago, depth 72km)