So Year 2011, is about to end. The year I came Mumbai, switched my job, few of my best friends got married or engaged, memorable trips, winters with no cold, etc etc..
01.01.2011 – A special New year Celebration with friends in Noida, Sector – 61.
22.01.2011 – Wedding : Punit @Banaras
31.01.2011 – Wedding : Neha Dixit @Delhi
08.01.2011 – First Visit to Taj Mahal
08.01.2011 – Wedding : Neha Ma’am @Agra
10.01.2011 – Self Cooked Dinner @ KD’s place
12.02.2011 – Jim Corbett Trip with HCL Colleagues
05.03.2011 – Farewell @ Real Saver – DEN, Gurgaon
11.03.2011 – My last working day in HCL Technologies
13.03.2011 – A Small DPS V Get Together & Farewell
15.03.2011 – Land Mumbai, left Noida
16.03.2011 – Joined STPI Mumbai
19.05.2011 – My first IPL/Cricket Match in a Stadium @ DY Patil, Mumbai
19.06.2011 – My Dad comes Mumbai, visit Visit to Mumbai on Office Tour
15.08.2011 – Mahabaleshwar Trip @ Independence Day
07.10.2011 – My Sis got engaged this day
26.10.2011 – My first Diwali in Mumbai
31.10.2011 – My first Visit to Bangalore @Official Tour (STPI Bangalore)
07.11.2011 – Engagement : Deepak & Anu
18.11.2011 – My 100th Blog Post
03.12.2011 – At home on my birthday with parents after 8 years
04.12.2011 – Wedding : Vipul & Sumita @Agra
05.12.2011 – Met with all close friends in just 24 hours and being awake 2 nite continuous
10.12.2011 – Twitter Handle changed from @rahul_ssg to @askrahul
15.12.2011 – Cleared Ist Sem – MS (Software Systems) BITS Pilani – 8.27 CGPA
While an amazing year ends, all I ask for new year that next year 2012 I am back in Noida with my friends to celebrate the new year 2013
Finally, after my unsuccessful attempts in CAT, joined M.S. (Software Systems) from BITS Pilani 2011-2013, Distant Education. I always wanted to pursue technical course for my Post-graduate but due to increased job opportunities after MBA, I became more inclined to CAT when I was in final year of my college. I guess why I had a history of failed attempts in CAT While few of my friends joined on the equivalent scores. I never opted for it.
My past year’s CAT Scores:
1. 2007 Attempt (in B. Tech. – Final year) – 91 %
2. 2008 Attempt (in Pioneer eServer Pvt Ltd.) – Will Not Say
3. 2009 Attempt (in HCL Tech.) – 89 %
4. 2010 Attempt (in HCL Tech.) – Will Not Say
5. 2011 Attempt (in STPI) – No More CAT, screw you I am not made for it
So, finally I applied for M.S. from BITS Pilani (Distant Education) and my profile got shortlisted. Yay. Will be doing postgraduate finally. Classes begins from third week of July, 2011. Studies along with work can be tough and will be tough. But, I will manage
And I thought, I would never leave NCR, no matter what happened and guess what nothing is permanent On 16th March 2011, I was forced to transfer from Noida to Mumbai. I was staying in noida from a long time, in fact right from 2004. When I had left home and joined college in Gr Noida.
Back In 2004, I came to join Galgotias College in Greater Noida and since then it has been a long journey and memories. Here are few of my memories:
1. Friends : Since, the college was in Noida, most of my friends happen to be in or around the NCR and the ones not here keep visiting. So it would be now long long wait to meet my friends. I will miss my friends the most
2. Greater Noida – Noida ExpressWay : Tough lately I have not used mush of the highway. It was my lifeline in college days. I used to take lift from the college and come to Noida and vice-versa. Back in 2004, there was no-connectivity or rare buses(sahibabbad depo) running on this highway. Most of the students, used to take lift from the vehicles traveling on this. It took hardly – 20 to 25 minutes to cross this highway (20 kms approx). I was the frequent goer to Noida from hostel. Greater Noida nearest market was 5 mkns away and only option was to walk so it was better to go Noida
And after college, the HCL campus happened to be adjacent to this highway in Sector -126 SEZ. So a small part was still traveled.
3. Sector – 29 (Brahmputra) : The most delicious Chicken and fruit juice is available here. The Chicken Briyani, Tikka Roll, Chicken Swarma, etc. I have been a loyal customer to this market since 2004. Previously in college, I used to come very frequently. Especially in 3rd year (2006 – 2007). 3-4 times a week. Thanks to the pathetic food of mess in hostel. The rates have drastically increased and taste of briyani has degraded bit this remains the best place to have non-veg. Love it.
4. Center Stage MALL : The first Mall of Noida, It is now not much crowded as it was 4-5 years before. GIP has taken the crowd of it. Back in college days, we used to come here for window shopping. Planet M was our favorite place.
5. GIP : The Biggest Mall of Noida, has almost everything you need inside it. Best place to shop. Though malls are here in mumbai as well, which are larger in figures and size but still it will not be GIP.
6. My Den (Sector -53) : This is where I was living after my college, during job. This sector happens to e very small and less crowded and my room was on ground floor, the best part. The Bon-Bon pastry shop just in front of my house was the best part. The Brown Bread, a kind which is made only by Bon-Bon. Will miss it so much .
7. HCL Discounts : Almost every restaurant in Noida offered corporate discount to HCL Employees, the most loyal one was Pizza-Hut : 25 %, while in mumbai there are no corporate discounts It really sucks. Now I’m working in Central Government Organization and no discounts.
Wishing a speedy transfer from mumbai to Noida. Fingers crossed.
Finally went to Jim Corbett Park on 11th February 2011, with office colleagues. My first visit and one more destination down from the places to travel. The trip was exactly at the right time. Right coz I was in my notice period.
Anyways the trip started from the Sec-126 SEZ Office NOIDA at 1:00 AM on 12th Feb in 2 buses with around 70 employees of HCL. The journey was filled up with lots of fun. It reminded me of my Shivpuri Trip during college days #nostalgic. Our first halt was at a dhaba tadka, were we had the morning tea around 4:30 AM.
With lots of fun on the way in bus, we reached the La Perle Resort Ramnagar , The scenary view from the hotel was awesome.
We refreshed ourselves with a heavy and delicious breakfast in the resort. And then headed to some adventurous activity planned at the Bridge.
I managed to win a Sweat-shirt as first prize in rock climbing
After the adventurous activities on the bridge, we returned back to the resort. Here I managed to get a 2 hours power nap. When I woke up, I found a bonfire at short distance from my room. I gathered myself and went to there and fun it was of our team. got myself seated and enjoyed with snacks n tea. After the long lasting fun at bon-fire there where dunk dances and as usual best enjoyed by people who don drink as they are in full senses. Like me. Dinner, and I decided to hit the bet at 12 ans we had to wake up at 6 for safari.
I was awake at 5 due to excitement of the Safari and couldn’t sleep after that.
So everyone was there ready to hit the safari. The weather was awesome.
There are not much animals to be seen in Jim Corbett but the scenic beauty is awesome. And I enjoyed it the most. Though our vehicle did have the glimpse of the Leopard. There were Deers and Monkeys freely available. It tool 4 hours approx to cmplete the whole Safari with a short 30 mins break in between at some stop. After the Safari we returned back to the resort for late breakfast. After the breakfast, there was cricket match, which i i overruled for my sleep and got 2 hours sleep. When I woke up, We had to head back. That’s it, the amazing trip had ended. There was again fun in bus. I returned back at 12 AM at my place.
Finally extracted myself from the clutches of my desktop long enough to join the fun at HCL’s first tweetmeet.
The session started with short introduction by people who volunteered & rest tweeted and then embarrassing moments. Live tweets where displayed in front. Those who were not able to join were in touch with live tweets.
Nice session on “identity” (@kritisdad). I am still thinking of my identity and will be updated soon on Twitter.
We were all surprised when Vineet Nayar (@vineetnayar), himself came to the HCLTweetup. He came and sat at the back quietly. And later on gave a short session on “IDEAS” , which I loved it.
I’m not going to summarize or describe what he said, however few good quotes that I remember:
– ..be a man of 1 idea & build on it
– use social media to influence not let it use u
– Is twitter a drain or a source of energy for u. My question to @vineetnayar Ans – its a source of ideas!!
– my management philosophy is conversational, and twitter complements this ideally”
– Question by @_Anshul – What is ur fav tweet? ==> My fav tweet is my tweet :p
The ending couldn’t have been better one. Delicious cake :
Did I mention the most delicious part of Tweet Meet, awesome snacks:
I had so much that I lost my appetite for the dinner. Many Many thanks for including those choclate brownies & Diet Coke!
Waiting for next tweetmeet soon.