Not all Bloggers cum geeks have a social life, events like these make sure they know what other people are and how to interact with them. And in return it also gives opportunity for other bloggers to learn form them. This was my second Indiblogger’s meet which was an amazing experience and learning at the NokiaAppTasting event. First being – MasterChef India 2 IndiBlogger Meet .
“The Nokia Apptasting IndiBlogger Meet #NokiaAppTasting” at Taj Lands End, Mumbai started as per the schedule. And I managed to reach on time. The ambiance was very vibrant, lively and awesome. Fist there was a dramatic and enthusiastic entry by the Indiblogger’s team. The music changed form some soft music to Rock Music. I really loved it.
Ms Poonam Kaul – Director Communications, Nokia India started off by giving a brief introduction of the event and about the hosts. It was an honor to meet her in person. Followed by another dramatic entry by the main hosts of the event – Rajiv Makhni (Popular TV anchor, one of India’s leading technology analysts, gadget guru!) & Vikas Khanna (New York based, Michelin Starred, Celebrity Chef!). Girls seems to be way too interested in Vikas Khanna. While I couldn’t take my eyes of the pretty girl in Indiblogger Team (she was bringing gifts), did not get her name but she was something
Rajiv & Vikas were a perfect combination on stage :
In 30 seconds of fame, they started with stage introductions ad that did made me nervous but it was only for starting 15 bloggers and then the main events proceeded. My tweets covered most of it.
They kept asking.. ” Are you foodie or Techie ? ” My answer was I am both. Even My blog has both of them. I am a foodie techie There was a big competition between the Team foodies and Team techies, later on.
The Seating Arrangement was awesome. Snacks and drinks were being served regularly,they made sure no on was hungry in the event. The Paneer Tikka Masala was yummy.
Rajiv Khanna charmed all bloggers to express their love for technology by making them kiss their cellphones! Everyone said – “I Love you” to their cellphone, passionately.
We had an Onion Cutting Competition just like last time we had Ginger slicing. Random participants chosen from bloggers at the event. And one of the participants did cut his finger. Not too serious though.
Then, there were series of live Apps demonstration throughout the event. I loved the Apps demonstration by Rajiv, few of the innovative APPS that were demonstrated where :
1. Nokia City Lens – It works without GPS. You simply tap your chosen destination on your screen to conveniently access walking directions, make a reservation, or learn more detailed information about the locale.
2. Food Pairings for Wine – Must for Alcoholic
3. Silent Film Director, Songify – Instant and easy video generation.
4. Best Group Shot picking up best shot for Individual
5. Animation on a Face (Doing this with only people whom you love)- I loved what they did with Simran’s face.
I have been working on apps myself and keen to start development on the upcoming Windows 8 Mobile platform by the year end.
Several great app ideas emerged from the bloggers. Vikas & Rajiv managed to hear most of them. Some of them were funny and some of them were indeed a great idea. The one that took the prize were:
1. An app that could helps young women to put together good qualities of their choices and deliver the right groom
2. Allow Indians to vote from their smartphones.
Mine – Fix My Device (An App that helps you to fix your device form smartphones to PC to tablet). I am already working on a prototype for the same for Android. Impressed by the scope of Windows Mobile platform, I might start one for it later on.
One of the Ideas mentioned : “Drink Check – How much Drink I am and can I drive?” already existed. Surprisingly they also showed the practical testing of the app at the end of the event. That was impressive!
Quiz consisted of some real good questions,
There was lot of gifts for the Bloggers who answered to questions being passed from stage. People sitting in front benefited the most of it.
On 19th August 2012, Indiblogger also completed 5 years and this was celebrated by this delicious cake
Followed by a group snap, I managed to come in one of them:
A wonderful card by 21fools & Nokia-Inidblogger T-shirt at the end the event.
Dinner was delicious. Fortunately my all time favorite sweet-dish – seviyan was present. While many were busy getting a close snap with Vikas Khanna, many were attacking food and there there were few who were just onto Drinks.
I also met – Keyur, I had met him in previous Blogger meet. Special thanks to Tabrej for the ride on his bike. He made sure we reached on time for the event.
Looking forward for more bloggers meet ahead in Mumbai !
Being a big foodie myself, I try different local dishes of places I visit. Leh-Ladakh tour offered variety of dishes and I must say few of them surprised me. Let me go one by one. And I also took pics Please note many of them are not traditional dishes, I just tried ones served across various restaurants.
1. Lemon Cake (WonderLand Restaurant) – World’s best Lemon cake is served here. With first piece in my mouth I was like.. yummm.. what is this.. awesome.. Must try if you go Ladakh.
2. Honey Banana Pancake – After Light Breakfast in Guest House, I wanted to try something heavy So I went to “German Bakery” nearby in Leh Main Market and tried this. It was freshly made and damn delicious.
3. Ladakhi Breakfast – Served in Our Guest House, we requested for traditional Ladakhi Breakfast
4. Ladakhi Tea – I am a tea lover, tried this in one local restaurant.
5. Chole Samose – I love Samaose, so I did try it here and it turns out they are awesome as well.
6. Rice – Dal – Curry – Traditional North Indian Food, served in Leh
7. Tuna – This was made from Tuna, was damn delicious
8. Lemon Tea – You know the specialty of this tea is.. it is being served at the world’s highest altitude motor-able road
9. Maggi – I know Maggi here, One day in breakfast we had it. It was different since I have reduced maggi after my hostel days..
10. Sku – This is a traditional Dish of Leh Ladakh. The maker of this told us that it is made of wheat flour or atta kneaded to make thumb sized small pieces and prepared or cooked with sufficient quantity of water with meat and vegetable preparation as the supplement. Its very heavy ad I could not finish even half of it.
(This is my entry for #MasterChefIndia2 contest)
I have been cooking since I was kid and my parents would have to travel and I would be alone at home with my younger sisters, who sadly knew anything about cooking. Time passed, I went to college and cooking became necessity for survival. And then when I started working in 2008, I started to cook properly. I hated oily food of the maids and the tiffin stuff was always unhygienic. I don’t trust them. So this lonely bachelor started cooking and still does often but not regularly.
In the process I do try my hands on experimenting new dishes few times. They do pay-off sometimes and happen to be quite delicious. One morning – 13th November 2011 (Sunday), I tried to make Beans Sandwich. Its simple and easy to make especially for bachelors like me. It took me 20 mins to make it. I love beans so that’s the reason I made it. Here is a shot description how i made it.
Ingredients: 4 Brown Bread, 100 gm Beans, 1 Onion, Chole Masala, Salt, 2 pcs garlic, vegetable oil, turmeric powder.
1. Cook Beans Stuff -
a. Heat oil in Frying pan.
b. Put the fine cute Garlic pieces in heated oil.
b. Cut Onion in small pieces and put in the fry-pan with half tablespoon turmeric powder.
c. When the onion turns light brown, add the beans and salt to taste.
d. Put 1 tablespoon Chole Masale and mix everything well.
e. On low heat cover the frypan and leave for 5 mins.
f. Stir 2-3 minutes and as the color changes the Beans Stuff is ready!
The Masala looks like this:
2. Stuff and Preparation -
a. Put 2,3 drops of Ghee on each 'Brown Bread' and roast it on fry-pan, one by one.
b. Apply the Bean Stuff in between two breads and cut in two pieces.
c. Serve hot!
Tastes Best With: Tomato Ketchup or Mint Sauce
This is how it looks :