So, today is Friday is Nov. 11, 2011, or 11/11/11, a turn of the calendar that won’t come again for 100 years. I don’t care what Astrologers say or think as they are stupid, dumb idiots with no science behind their sayings.
Something about 11 (Eleven)
- Eleven is a prime number, divisible by only one and itself. It’s the atomic number of sodium. And it’s a numerical palindrome, reading the same backward and forward.
- On 11/11, Route 66 was established. Yasser Arafat died. And Demi Moore was born.
- Eleven is the number worn by Phillies shortstop Jimmy Rollins. And by old-time Eagles quarterback Norm Van Brocklin. In football, soccer, and cricket, each team has 11 players on the field.
- Eleven is half the name of an iconic American business, 7-Eleven, which described the stores’ hours of operation in the days before 24-hour service. The most Academy Awards ever won by a movie? Eleven, a feat accomplished by Ben Hur in 1959, Titanic in 1997, and Return of the King in 2003.
- In geometry, Andrilli said, an 11-sided polygon is called an “undecagon” – the shape of the one-dollar coin in Canada, whose people have a particular affinity for 11.
- The steeple clocks depicted on the country’s paper currency are all set to 11. The bright red maple leaf on the Canadian flag has 11 points.
- In this country, the Susan B. Anthony dollar coin is round, but it appears to have 11 sides because of the undecagon inside the rim. The back of the coin shows the first moon landing – by Apollo 11.
- A line of 11s has been connected to the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks.
- The numbers in the date of 9/11 – 9 plus one plus one – equal 11. After Sept. 11, there are 111 days left in the year. The first plane to hit the World Trade Center twin towers – which side by side looked like an 11 – was Flight 11.
- The Internet is awash in prophesies and end-time predictions surrounding 11/11/11, and people who subscribe to the “11:11 phenomenon” talk of seeing the numbers everywhere – from the record of an 11-1-1 football team to the 11:11 time on digital clock.
- Talk-show host Ellen DeGeneres named her record company Eleveneleven, reportedly because she felt she often came across those digits.
- Weirdly, the sum of 1,111 multiplied by 1,111 is 1,234,321, another numerical palindrome.
So, its just a date. Another day!
How was your day today ?