Archive for November, 2011
So, everyone wants to fight corruption. How ? “By liking FB pages, spamming timeline on facebook or sending sms via cellphone…” The question to be asked here is – “Will this curb Corruption ? Will this end it ?” The answer is “NO” . It will aware the people, but not end it. The best way to implement it is to be an example for others by your actions.
Lets discuss how ?
1. Casting Vote –
We choose our leaders, we choose the corrupts, who come to power and then drain the taxpayer’s money to foreign banks and we vote them again. The problem is the educated voter rarely votes, mostly the people influenced by caste, religion or Orthodox views vote these culprits. The first step would be to get yourself in the voter-list. Once enrolled, you must go to vote. It is a holiday on the voting day, so that must not be a problem. So I request all those liking FB pages to at least cast your vote in the Elections.
Most of the people are not even present on the voter list. Little pain can ensure you are in voter list. So, keep the spirit of “Casting Vote”. Also in voting we have option “NO VOTE” that means we can vote no one and if 50% of votes are No One, next time different representatives will be standing up. So do exercise your vote !
2. Working for the Government (Being a Government employee) –
Government Job means “no work” to most of the people. Most of the well deserved go for high salaried private jobs and then there is a lazy class of people who undergo “Coaching Classes” to make to the Government jobs and then never ever work any day in their life. One of the Place is – “Bel Sarai“. What we need is IITians to come and work for the government. There have been many IAS who are from IIT and they are the best IAS of our country. Also the government is changing the entrance format so that better analytical mind make up to the right job!
So, if you have mind and money is not a problem go for government jobs. Make a change by being a part of the change.
3. Reporting Bribes –
We live in modern world, catching and reporting a corruption is damn easy. Once you catch a bribe. Try to publicize it by the following ways :
a) Using hidden cameras like tehelka and publishing the video.
b) Complaining to the higher authority.
c) Writing a blog on it or telling someone who can.
d) Reporting such cases to Anti-Corruption Cell, which are quite active these days!
4. Better & honest Judiciary –
We need a better judicial system so that the bribes cases are severely punished and cannot escape the clutches of law by any means. Well, this will be surely taken care by the right Government in power.
5. Population Control
The last and the most important point. The growing population in our country is the mother of all problems. It is based on simple formula of (OUR Resources / Total People) . People increase, there is low resource, many problem arise encouraging corruption. Population Bill needs to be passed before it is too late.
The above blog is abstract from my essay which I wrote for Hindi Pakhwara a month ago. I got first Prize
(This is my entry for #MasterChefIndia2 contest)
I have been cooking since I was kid and my parents would have to travel and I would be alone at home with my younger sisters, who sadly knew anything about cooking. Time passed, I went to college and cooking became necessity for survival. And then when I started working in 2008, I started to cook properly. I hated oily food of the maids and the tiffin stuff was always unhygienic. I don’t trust them. So this lonely bachelor started cooking and still does often but not regularly.
In the process I do try my hands on experimenting new dishes few times. They do pay-off sometimes and happen to be quite delicious. One morning – 13th November 2011 (Sunday), I tried to make Beans Sandwich. Its simple and easy to make especially for bachelors like me. It took me 20 mins to make it. I love beans so that’s the reason I made it. Here is a shot description how i made it.
Ingredients: 4 Brown Bread, 100 gm Beans, 1 Onion, Chole Masala, Salt, 2 pcs garlic, vegetable oil, turmeric powder.
1. Cook Beans Stuff -
a. Heat oil in Frying pan.
b. Put the fine cute Garlic pieces in heated oil.
b. Cut Onion in small pieces and put in the fry-pan with half tablespoon turmeric powder.
c. When the onion turns light brown, add the beans and salt to taste.
d. Put 1 tablespoon Chole Masale and mix everything well.
e. On low heat cover the frypan and leave for 5 mins.
f. Stir 2-3 minutes and as the color changes the Beans Stuff is ready!
The Masala looks like this:
2. Stuff and Preparation -
a. Put 2,3 drops of Ghee on each 'Brown Bread' and roast it on fry-pan, one by one.
b. Apply the Bean Stuff in between two breads and cut in two pieces.
c. Serve hot!
Tastes Best With: Tomato Ketchup or Mint Sauce
This is how it looks :
So, today is Friday is Nov. 11, 2011, or 11/11/11, a turn of the calendar that won’t come again for 100 years. I don’t care what Astrologers say or think as they are stupid, dumb idiots with no science behind their sayings.
Something about 11 (Eleven)
- Eleven is a prime number, divisible by only one and itself. It’s the atomic number of sodium. And it’s a numerical palindrome, reading the same backward and forward.
- On 11/11, Route 66 was established. Yasser Arafat died. And Demi Moore was born.
- Eleven is the number worn by Phillies shortstop Jimmy Rollins. And by old-time Eagles quarterback Norm Van Brocklin. In football, soccer, and cricket, each team has 11 players on the field.
- Eleven is half the name of an iconic American business, 7-Eleven, which described the stores’ hours of operation in the days before 24-hour service. The most Academy Awards ever won by a movie? Eleven, a feat accomplished by Ben Hur in 1959, Titanic in 1997, and Return of the King in 2003.
- In geometry, Andrilli said, an 11-sided polygon is called an “undecagon” – the shape of the one-dollar coin in Canada, whose people have a particular affinity for 11.
- The steeple clocks depicted on the country’s paper currency are all set to 11. The bright red maple leaf on the Canadian flag has 11 points.
- In this country, the Susan B. Anthony dollar coin is round, but it appears to have 11 sides because of the undecagon inside the rim. The back of the coin shows the first moon landing – by Apollo 11.
- A line of 11s has been connected to the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks.
- The numbers in the date of 9/11 – 9 plus one plus one – equal 11. After Sept. 11, there are 111 days left in the year. The first plane to hit the World Trade Center twin towers – which side by side looked like an 11 – was Flight 11.
- The Internet is awash in prophesies and end-time predictions surrounding 11/11/11, and people who subscribe to the “11:11 phenomenon” talk of seeing the numbers everywhere – from the record of an 11-1-1 football team to the 11:11 time on digital clock.
- Talk-show host Ellen DeGeneres named her record company Eleveneleven, reportedly because she felt she often came across those digits.
- Weirdly, the sum of 1,111 multiplied by 1,111 is 1,234,321, another numerical palindrome.
So, its just a date. Another day!
How was your day today ?
So, I traveled around 1400 kms from Mumbai to Delhi, just after returning from Bangalore 2 days ago. Yeah, November has been a lot of traveling and more to come in month end. Not to mention, I came back to Noida after nearly 8 months. Felt like home. After all, I have been there since I joined College in 2004. It has been a second home to me. Being there only for 2 days with engagement of a close friend to attend, I had limited time to catch up with friends. It was nostalgic being back.
I tried my best to make out of the trip by meeting the close ones and visiting famous hangouts in Noida.
1. Sector – 61 : Late Night Walk
2. Chocolate Pudding of Brown Bread, Noida
3. Atta, Sector -18 : Heart of Noida
4. GIP Mall – Window shopping
5. Asia Kitchen’s Red Curry – Yummy, My favorite
6. Haldiraam – Spice – One of the few places where I love vegetarian food! This one is he best Haldiraam outlet. Little crowded but taste is always great. My fav – Daal Chilla.
I did miss the Brahmputra Chicken, will catch up next time perhaps
I still have few of the #4sq mayor-ships left in Noida
Wishing to get back soon.
On this auspicious day – 7th November 2011, two of my close friends got engaged. Deepak Malik & Anu Jain.
After my end-sem on 29th and 10th October, I went to Bangalore on 31st October for some office work. It was my first visit to this city. The tour was unexpected and a surprise for me and couldn’t have been a better timing. After a week of studies and boredom in office I needed a break!
Bangalore’s weather was awesome! My flight landed at 7:30 PM on 31st October. The temperature was 23 Degrees and as I stepped outside I felt the November weather of North. Here is how it looked, while I was waiting for my CAB!
There was a good arrangement from STPI Banaglore – Office. They received me and soon dropped me at my cousin’s place. I had not opted for hotel and my big brother would have never allowed me to stay in hotel. So I opted out for it.
There was not much time to roam the city as I was there only for 4 working days and with office timings (9 AM – 5 PM) On 2 days I wen to Mall nearby – Forum Mall & Total Mall. Helped Bhaiya in his shopping and 4th day day I had my return flight. As I had to go Noida the following day. I did have awesome dinner in the nearby Restaurant – Rasoi .
Office was situated in Electronic City. Roads were descent and also the traffic was medium at least in the part which I had traveled. The view from Office was quite amazing. Here is the view from cafeteria :
The Bhindi-Curry was a pathetic dish in lunch, one day here. I had ever seen and people said, it is common in this part of the country. Well, I did try it but did not like it. Also a big Banana as Sweet-Dish was a surprise to me. I saved it for the evening.
And another view from the roof:
Also, I had the best “Idli Sambhar” ever in my life here in some small restaurant in HSR Layout Sector -2. The second being of Indian Coffee House in Shaktinagar.
After pleasant stay of four days, Returned back Mumbai in mid-night. The weather was again hot and humid. I really hate the weather of Mumbai. Wonder how people like it. Anyways, Hoping to get few more trip of Banglore in future so that I can explore more of the city.