Archive for September, 2011
Barney Stinson being the heart and spirit of HIMYM (How I Met Your Mother) has lead the show to an international success. His world famous pick up lines have been awesome ! His obsession with getting laid, laser tag, the ‘legen-‘wait for it’-Dary, suit-ing up have been quite famous.
Few of the best quotes are :
1. "Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”
2. "Okay, pep talk! You can do this, but to be more accurate, you probably can't. You're way out of practice and she's way too hot for you. So, remember, it's not about scoring. It's about believing you can do it, even though you probably can't. Go get 'em, tiger!”
3. "It's gonna be legend-... wait for it... and I hope you're not lactose intolerant because the second half of that word is DAIRY!”
4. "Jesus waited three days to come back to life. It was perfect! If he had only waited one day, a lot of people wouldn't have even heard he died. They'd be all, "Hey Jesus, what up?" and Jesus would probably be like, "What up? I died yesterday!" and they'd be all, "Uh, you look pretty alive to me, dude..." and then Jesus would have to explain how he was resurrected, and how it was a miracle, and the dude'd be like "Uhh okay, whatever you say, bro..." And he's not gonna come back on a Saturday. Everybody's busy, doing chores, workin' the loom, trimmin' the beard, NO. He waited the perfect number of days, three. Plus it's Sunday, so everyone's in church already, and they're all in there like "Oh no, Jesus is dead", and then BAM! He bursts in the back door, runnin' up the aisle, everyone's totally psyched, and FYI, that's when he invented the high five. That's why we wait three days to call a woman, because that's how long Jesus wants us to wait.... True story.”
5. "In my body, where the shame gland should be, there is a second awesome gland. True story.”
6. "God, it's me, Barney. What up? I know we don't talk much, but I know a lot of girls call out your name because of me.”
7. "Oh right, because there can be too many of something wonderful. Hey Babe Ruth, easy big fella, let's not hit too many homers. Hey Steve Gutenberg, maybe just make three Police Academy movies. America's laughed enough.”
8. "Do you have some puritanical hang up on prostitution? Dude, it’s the world’s oldest profession.”
9. "Suits are full of joy. They're the sartorial equivalent of a baby's smile.”
10. "Here's the mini-cherry on top of the regular cherry on top of the sundae of awesomeness that is my life.”
11. "God, it’s me, Barney. What up? I know we don’t talk much, but I know a lot of girls call out your name because of me.”
12. "Every Halloween, I bring a spare costume, in case I strike out with the hottest girl at the party.
That way, I have a second chance to make a first impression."
13. "The only reason to wait a month for sex is if she’s 17 years, 11 months old."
14. "Barneys urge to get laid never fails us for him to come short of making excuses of how to avoid people who stop him from doing so."
15. [Barney is stripping down...]
Robin: What the hell are you doing?
Barney: I’m birthday suiting up!
Well, LOL. Evident it is now, that Barney’s birthdays are also lined up with events of ‘undressing’ and ‘birthday suiting up’.
All this is very awesome indeed, if men actually don’t practice in their real life.
16. Barney: Don’t beat yourself up. He’ll be fine.
I mean, the guy’s like a billionaire.
He can put his platinum card on a fishing line and win ten chicks hotter than you
17. ‘My nose is flowing because there was too much awesomeness in body and it started to leak’.
18. "New is always better."
19. "When I get sad, I stop being sad, and be awesome instead. True story."
20. I am Mr. Charity. I frequently sleep with sixes, chubsters, over thirty’s. I am the Bill and Melinda Gates of the sympathy bank "
Starting September 27th i.e. today, the Do Not Disturb (DND) regulations from TRAI will kick-in, meaning mobile users who have subscribed to the National Do Not Call Registry will stop receiving unsolicited SMS or Calls from telemarketers, financial institutions, advertisers and any other pesky services that harangue users by sending such messages.
While this is a good (and long overdue) move by the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India which will guarantee some peace of mind to consumers like me, there is a flipside to it as well. Mobile users will also not receive “informational” messages from various services providers or institutions. For example, you will receive (not sure though) any SMS about the call taxi that you had just booked or the confirmation SMS from an eCommerce site that you made a purchase on or any of your Credit Card Transaction.
Though the unsolicited messages menace is a genuine one, there are some messages that users will actually need and await for. How to address that, you might ask. IS there a way Out. Yes. Read ahead.
Well, there is a way to implement Partial DND i.e. selectively activate the do not disturb services for a particular category. Details below:
Customers (landline and mobile) - who do not want to receive commercial communications can dial or SMS to 1909 (toll free) and register in either of the two categories:
Fully Blocked Category- stoppage of all commercial Calls/SMS
Partially Blocked Category- stoppage of all commercial Calls/SMS except SMS from one of the opted preferences
For registering option using SMS, for 'fully blocked category', write "START 0" and send it to 1909. For 'partially blocked category', send SMS 'START' with one or multiple options from the list of seven categories.
There are at present 7 preferences to choose from-
Banking/Insurance/Financial Products/Credit Cards-1,
Consumer goods and automobiles-5,
For example: To receive messages relating to only Health products, then send SMS "START 4" to 1909. Similarly, for receiving messages relating to Real Estate and Education, send SMS "START 2,3" to 1909.
On successful registration, customer will receive an SMS confirming exercised options and a Unique Registration Number within 24 hrs. The registration will be effective within 7 days of placing the request with the service provider. The customers can check the status of their registration by clicking on "Customer Registration Status".
Customer can also change the preferences after 7 days of registration or the last change of preference.
If customer receives UCC even after 7 days of registration, he can register a complaint with his service provider within 3 days of receipt of such UCC by dialing or sending SMS to 1909. Customers will have to provide the telephone number or header of the message from where the call or message has been received along with the date and time.
For complaint through SMS, customer has to send SMS COMP TEL NO XXXXXXXXXX, dd/mm/yy, Time hh:mm to 1909. Where XXXXXXXXXX - is the telephone number or header of the SMS, from which the UCC has originated.
- Source TRAI Website (27.09.2011)
Smallville was on the list of serials which I had skipped in my college days. I am really disappointed in myself for that. I started with season 1 just few days back and just completed it. And so excited to see the next season.
When I watched the first episode, I was thrilled! This serial was intelligent, moving, intriguing and just plain fun to watch!
It might be 10 years old print in 2011 but looked fresh It is genuinely cool to see how Superman was when he was a teenage, and for the most part his character development is rather intriguing. The superpowers and other special effects are well done most of the time, and the fight scenes are modest.
Micheal Rosenbaum as Lex Luther brings so many multi-dimensional elements to this iconic (eventual) villain that he even manages to make Gene Hackman’s Lex seem downright flat and cardboard-ish. We all know that he will become Superman’s arch-enemy, but how and why? This show dares to explore those questions with surprising freshness and intrigue. Though I suspect that he will be Superman’s enemy, not Clark’s. They have a brotherly bond that I would hate to see broken, but have prepared myself for that.
My favorite episode would be :
Episode No #2 – “Metamorphosis” – Aired Date (October 24, 2001)
Greg Arkin gets into a car accident with his meteor rock-enhanced insects, which escape from their containers and begin stinging him. The resulting attack transforms him into a half man/half insect creature. Rapidly going through a metamorphosis, Greg kidnaps Lana so he can mate with her. After talking with Whitney, Clark realizes where Greg has taken Lana and leaves to rescue her. During the fight, Greg accidentally crushes himself under some mechanical equipment, resulting in a mass of insects flooding out from underneath. Before Clark can return to Lana, Whitney arrives and receives credit for her rescue. And Clark accepts it. Later in night goes to Lana’s house and returns the necklace (which Whitney had lost carelessly) anonymously by putting it on the door knob. Sound Track Playing : The Calling – Wherever You Will Go. There it was the best scene of the season -1. With Great powers come great sacrifices
I give this show 10 out of 10 stars. If your a Superman fan, you must see this show!